BOOTY and SUCH
All Adventure and Competitor class racers will be entered and are eligible for prize drawings. One award per racer and you must be present to win and no one else can collect your prise.
Cash Award Distribution
For the Competitor Class only, $25 of each entry fee collected will be totaled for that subclass and will be distributed between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
That means the more people entered in your subclass, the more cash that will be distributed in that subclass to the top 3.
- Cell phone or 2 way communication device
- Coast Guard approved PFD for each person in boat (personal floatation device)
- 2 Chemical lights, 12 hour type, fixed to bow and stern of boat for night travel (also called glow sticks or cylum)
- Space Blanket
- Rain jacket (your choice, a garbage bag will also be sufficient)
- Method of carrying at least 1/2 gallon of fluid per person at all times
- 1 whistle per boat
- First Aid Kit (no specifics)
- Minimum of 1 head light or bow light
Strongly Recommended Equipment
- Extra paddles
- Warm clothing that stays warm when wet
- Transponder (like SPOT)
- Head lamps for portages
- Fire starting material, hiking shoes, extra food, cash, unabridged volume of "Alive" or "The Donner Party Chronicles"
- While it isn't mandatory to have bank support, it's is strongly recommended. It's also recommended that bank support crews have hot soup or some hot drinks available for the racers in thermos bottles along the way along with some extra food. Calories will be burned, so eat plenty. It's also very important to stay hydrated, even in cold weather as dehydration leads to hypothermia pretty quickly. Support teams should also have towels, change of clothing and blankets or sleeping bags available at meeting points and checkpoints along the way.
- If you are unable to complete the race, You are resposible for arranging your own shuttle.