The Coolest Race in Texas
2021 Texas Winter 100k Pre-Race Briefing
Januari 22, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
COVID-19 Changes for 2021
- In our continued efforts to preserve the health and safety of our participants, we have made the decision to cancel the packet pick-up and meeting previously scheduled for Friday, January 22, 2021. Packet pickup and the first official check in will occur on Saturday morning January 23 beginning at 4:00 am under the I35 bridge, at the start of the race.
- All participants are required to wear an unventilated face covering that covers their mouth and nose when driving up or walking up to anyone else affiliated with the TWO for any reason. Only people properly wearing approved face masks over their mouth and nose will be registered or attended to, including support personnel, passengers and others accompanying the racer or the racer's entourage. Please pay attention to direction signage when you pull into the parking lot in order to keep traffic moving quickly.
- Due to the changes mentioned above, there will not be any registrations accepted, AT ALL, after midnight Thursday, January 21. Again, no one will be able to register Friday or Saturday. Online registration will close at midnight. If you need to register outside of the online option, please follow the mail-in procedure on the TWO website or contact West Hansen.
- Friday night, January 22 at 7:00 pm, we will host a ZOOM meeting to go over any last-minute details and address any questions. If you have questions now, please email them to: email@example.com We'll respond to the email and include your question in the orientation. In addition to the pre-race ZOOM meeting, we will have our annual door prize drawing. Drawing winners can pick up their treasure at the start of the race. All registrants will be included in the drawing.
- Saturday, January 23, the race will begin under the IH-35 bridge just south of the Town Lake Holiday Inn Hotel on Lady Bird Lake. All participants, family members, support staff, etc... are required to wear an unventilated face covering that covers their mouth and nose in and around the starting line. Our typical bagels and coffee will not be offered this year; however, there will be port-a-cans available. Once participants are on the water, they may remove their face covering. Any time any support crew is at a check-point, they need to properly wear an unventilated face covering that covers their mouth and nose.
- At the finish, all support crew, family members, paddlers, etc... are required to wear an unventilated face covering that covers both their mouth and nose. We will be providing a hot meal at the finish but have not completed plans for that yet... details to come.
- We recognize that some people do not feel at risk from COVID-19, or some may believe a face covering is ineffective or an affront to their rights. There may be other reasons why some do not want to wear a proper face covering. The volunteers that organize and run the TWO are not paid and should be respected enough by all in attendance to adhere to the above-mentioned COVID-19 safety requirements. If there is any question or concern that you, or anyone accompanying you, will not be willing or able to comply with these special circumstances, we strongly urge you to forego this year's TWO and join us once the pandemic has passed.
- Thank you for understanding these changes. Our goal is to have a great event, safely.