2019 Schedule of Events
- Packet Pick-Up January 25 from 4:30pm to 7:00pm at the Holiday Inn Town Lake
- Mandatory Pre-Race Briefing at that same place Friday, January 25 at 7:00 pm
- Race Date Saturday January 26, 2019
- Start Location: Under IH-35 adjacent to the Holiday Inn Town Lake on Ladybird Lake (Town Lake) in Austin, Texas
- Adventure Class Start Time 5am, January 26, 2019
- Competitor Class Start Time 7am, January 26, 2019
- Stand-Up Paddle Division Start Time NOON, January 26, 2019 at Utley/969 Bridge
- Free dinner provided at the finish line (Fisherman’s Park, Bastrop) to all volunteers, support personnel and racers.
- Cell phone or 2 way communication device
- Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each person in boat
- 2 Chemical lights, 12 hour type, fixed to bow and stern of boat for night travel (also called glow sticks or cylum)
- Space Blanket
- Rain jacket (your choice, a garbage bag will also be sufficient)
- Method of carrying at least 1/2 gallon of fluid per person at all times
- 1 pea-less whistle per boat
- First Aid Kit (no specifics)
- Minimum of 1 head light or bow light
Strongly Recommended Equipment
- Spare paddle(s)
- Warm clothing that stays warm when wet
- GPS and/or Transponder (like SPOT)
- Head lamps for portages
- Fire starting material, hiking shoes, extra food, cash, unabridged volume of "Alive" or "The Donner Party Chronicles"
- While it isn't mandatory to have bank support, it's is strongly recommended. It's also recommended that bank support crews have hot soup or some hot drinks available for the racers in thermos bottles along the way along with some extra food. Calories will be burned, so eat plenty. It's also very important to stay hydrated, even in cold weather as dehydration leads to hypothermia pretty quickly. Support teams should also have towels, change of clothing and blankets or sleeping bags available at meeting points and checkpoints along the way.
- If you are unable to complete the race, You are resposible for arranging your own shuttle.
All Adventure and Competitor class racers will be entered and are eligible for prize drawings. One award per racer and you must be present to win and no one else can collect your prise.
Cash Award Distribution
For the Competitor Class only, $25 of each entry fee collected will be totaled for that subclass and will be distributed between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
That means the more people entered in your subclass, the more cash that will be distributed in that subclass to the top 3.